About the Teacher Enrichment Initiatives
The Teacher Enrichment Initiatives (TEI) involve partnerships between UT Health San Antonio researchers and health professionals with San Antonio area K-12 school teachers to create multidisciplinary standards aligned activities. All curricula are FREE to download on this website!
What can the TEI offer to teachers?
- Classroom activities that are teacher and researcher approved and free of charge to use
- Carefully researched background information designed to enhance teacher content knowledge
- Quality, no cost teacher professional development for San Antonio area teachers
- Approved provider for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits through the Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- In depth health science content based upon current biomedical research
- Inquiry-based science investigations designed to challenge students at all levels
- Quality curriculum that uses health related issues to teach the TEKS from multiple disciplines
- Flexibility to integrate the activities into existing district curriculum programs